First off I would like to thank Karina for the nomination! We have the same passion for cooking and educating people about food and nutrition and I love reading her blog. You can find her blog “FOOD IS LIFE” here: https://karinateuma.wordpress.com
Here are my answers to Karina’s 11 questions:
1. What is your favourite pastime?
Wow, so many to choose from! I guess I would have to pick dance. I did about 10 years of training in ballet, jazz, modern and hip hop including being a graduate of an arts high school. Great experiences all around, which not only kept me fit and taught me about health but showed me how to come out of my shell.
2. If you were free as a bird and money was no object, what would you be doing right now?
I would alternate between travelling, running a food truck with my boyfriend and spending time at our new cottage!
3. What thing/s make you the most happy?
Spending time with loved ones, cooking and eating, relaxing on the couch and taking in the sun outside. Simplicity says it all 🙂
4. What is your favourite genre of film?
I would have to go with comedy. I love to laugh and just let loose. But I also enjoy sci-fi action flicks and the occasional documentary.
5. What is/are your favourite food/s and drink/s?
I’m a huge sucker for a nice warm risotto. Lemon cheesecake (or any cheese for that matter!)
I love my rye and gingers. For non-alc – fresh squeezed juices, teas and of course water 🙂
6. Have you travelled? If so, what was your favourite country?
Growing up my family and I travelled all over Canada and the U.S. I’ve also been to England, China/Hong Kong and I spent a year in Japan teaching English. Japan was absolutely amazing and I recommend it to anyone who asks. I always encourage those in their early twenties to get out there and experience all you can! Travelling is so great for that! But I also highly enjoy my own country. Canada has so much to offer, I would still love to take a cross country trip and soak it all in!
7. What makes you feel most proud?
My own accomplishments and seeing others happy with theirs. Everyone building their own lives the way they see fit 🙂
8. If you were to be an animal, which animal would you be and why?
Hmmmmm, I think being a cat would be pretty sweet, sleep lots, outdoors, food and love….yup that sounds good. Also a monkey, jumping from tree to tree, nature being my playground 🙂
9. Can you remember your childhood? If so, what is your favourite childhood memory?
That would be about 20 something years ago for me. And again there are so many to choose from and I recognize everyday how fortunate I am for that. If I had to pick one, I loved our annual camping trips to various provincial parks…campfires, lakes, hiking, seeing wildlife….all sprouted my love for the outdoors.
10. If you were to look into your future, what type of Grandma or Grandpa would you be? i.e. Young at heart, daredevil, laid back, etc
Haha! What a great question! If I had grandchildren I would probably be super laid back and play outdoors showing them how to apprciate what we have and how to have fun!
11. What is your greatest strength?
Patience and understanding. More so with others than myself lol. I have however learned to know where to put my energy. Good and bad happens all around us. Sometimes you just have to let it go…one of the hardest things…but I believe I am able to do this way better than I have before, which I consider a great accompishment 🙂
Here are 10 Facts About Myself:
1. I find spending time outdoors is highly important to me.
2. I love cooking. Especially soups and dips 🙂
3. I love cats. And goats…I would love to have a few goats one day!
4. I took gymnastics and dance for many years.
5. I’ve lived in 3 different countries (Japan, England and home sweet home – Canada!)
6. I am not a fan of sweet sugary desserts or ice cream.
7. I don’t plan on getting married or having children. I do love being an auntie though!
8. I have an appreciation for many different types of music – it all depends on the mood.
9. I love to dance….anywhere.
10. I am in the most amazing relationship with my boyfriend…my life partner and best friend.
And Here are My Nominations for the Liebster Award. Each and every one have great reads and deserve recognition 🙂
– Greenmindvegheart: https://greenmindvegheart.wordpress.com
– Lorelai’s Beads and Things: https://lorelaibeads.wordpress.com
– Dancing in the Rain: https://dancingintheraindairy.wordpress.com
– Kujawski Fitness: https://kujawskifitness.wordpress.com
– Enigma: https://transcendthequo.wordpress.com
– Operation Food (and Drink): https://operationfood.wordpress.com
– Eat 2 Dance: https://eat2dance.com
– A Few of my Favorite Foods: https://afewofmyfavoritefoods.wordpress.com
– My Healthy CORE Life: https://myhealthycorelife.com
– The Next Minute: https://thenextminute.wordpress.com
My 10 questions for my nominees are:
1) Do you like the cook? Why or why not?
2) What is your favourite childhood memory?
3) Where have you travelled and where would you recommend?
4) If you were free as a bird and money was no opject, what would you be doing right now?
5) What do you and your friends do for fun?
6) What television show are you most addicted to right now and why?
7) What song(s) energize you when you need a lift?
8) What is one of the best restaurants you’ve been to? Describe in detail including exact location.
9) Do you have pets? Any pets you’d like to have?
10) Do you believe in karma? Why or why not?
My rules for the nominated bloggers are:
– Nominate 10 blogs with under 300 followers, then notify the bloggers via their Blogs, Facebook or other social media stating that they have been nominated.
– Thank the blogger, then post the link of the Blog that nominated you.
– Answer my 10 questions.
– Share 10 facts about yourself to your followers and readers.
– Make your own rules for your 10 nominated bloggers, or use my rules on them.
(a.k.a. your Natural Groove Gal)