Oh Pinterest, how I love you.
Nope….there is no oil or frying for these wings….could easily fool you though eh??
We tried this one night and they were amazing! I decided to share them on a family vacation to Prince Edward Island…east coast Canada…and got the thumbs up approval from my 7 year old sister…which is all the approval anyone needs 🙂
Here’s how to enjoy these healthy, crispy, no added oil, gluten-free chicken wings for yourself!
• Chicken wings (approx. 20 pieces – 10 flats and 10 drums)
• 1 Tbsp Baking Powder (with no aluminum)
• 1 tsp Salt
So why the baking powder?? Apparently it breaks the peptide bonds in the skin causing it to dry out and crisp up while baking. Yum!
• Toss all 3 ingredients together…this is not a breading but rather a thin coating…the baking powder will be absorbed and it will seem like there isn’t enough, but don’t worry it will work!
• Line baking tray with parchment paper and line up the wings but don’t crowd them
*the original recipe calls to bake the wings on a wire rack to let the fat drip out onto the parchment…however it works just as well if you put them directly on the parchment too…no need to flip!*
• Bake at 250F for 30 minutes
• Then pump up the heat to 425F and bake for another 45 min
• Remove wings from tray into a bowl. Toss in your favourite wing sauce and serve! Or serve the sauce separately and dip 🙂
Here’s a few dips that I made:
Sauce #1 (spicy):
1 Tbsp each of:
• Thai Red Curry paste
• Sweet soy sauce
Sauce #2 (mild):
1 Tbsp each of:
• Oyster sauce
• Maple Syrup
• Soy sauce
• Apple Cidar Vinegar
And a cooling dipping sauce:
• 1/4 cup Mayo
• 1/4 cup Yogurt
• 1 tsp Dill weed
• 1 tsp Lemon juice
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did 🙂 I guarantee you they will disappear really fast!
Thank you to The Cookful for this amazing recipe and info!
Natural Groove Gal