I initially wanted to make granola but stumbled upon this recipe this morning. Copy-cat Nature Valley Oat & Honey Bars!
This is a super simple recipe and only 5 ingredients…
• 2 1/2 cups of Quick or Rolled Oats
• 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
• 1/8 tsp Salt
• 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
• 1/3 cup Honey
• splash Vanilla (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Line 8-inch square pan with cooking parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on 2 sides.
2. Place 2 cups of the oats in large bowl. Add remaining 1/2 cup oats to blender or food processor; pulse into a rough flour. Add oat flour to bowl of oats. Add baking soda and salt to bowl of oats; stir.
3. In a saucepan heat coconut oil until just melted. Stir in honey (and vanilla). Add to bowl of oats. Stir well to coat oats completely. Spread mixture evenly in pan; press down firmly and evenly.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Oats should be golden and smell of honey. Cool on rack 10 minutes.
5. Remove from pan using parchment overhangs. Cut into 8 rectangles while still warm. Cool completely before wrapping. The bars will firm and crisp up as they cool.
That’s it! Super simple right? Thanks to Betty Crocker for this recipe. I modified it a bit – cutting out the white sugar. You can also throw in some additions such as nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, dried fruit… the list goes on!
Two batches of these covers us for about one week. 16 bars at a fraction of the price of the originals 🙂
Natural Groove Gal