If it’s one thing anyone can do for their health it’s
You’ve heard this many times before. This is not news (or at least it shouldn’t be!)
One of my beliefs for change is baby steps. It won’t come easy and you have to stick to it….so start off easy! Drinking more water daily is one of the easiest changes you can make.
Here are some facts on water (These are my guidelines for water consumption, but get active and do your own research!):
– You need about 12 glasses of water a day. One glass is 8oz
– However, you consume about 4 cups of water through digesting your food. You now need 8 glasses of water (sound familiar?)
– Pop actually dehydrates the body which means your body steals water already in your body in order to digest the sugar (called “hyperosomotic load”)
– Coffee and caffinated teas are diuretics
– Water in the morning and water before every meal (about 1 hour before)
– Never drink during or right after meals, it dilutes the bile and acids used for digestion (this goes for ALL drinks, but a few sips here and there won’t hurt, just don’t chug anything!)
– Drink water at room temperature or hotter. Cold or ice cold adds stress to your system and becomes less beneficial
– If you are thristy, drink more!
– circulation (therefore decreasing cramping and headaches)
– skin condition
– hair health
– release of toxins
– weight loss
– alertness (decreasing fatigue)
Mix it up!
Great ingredients to mix with your water in the morning:
– lemon juice
How can you tell if you’re dehydrated?
Urine – it should be almost clear; a very very light yellow – if it’s darker than that or even begins reaching a dark yellow orange colour you seriously need some water STAT.
Skin – dry skin is huge indicator – it also means you are lacking essentials fats – omega 3s for example
That’s it for today. Drink lots and prosper!
Natrual Groove Gal