So I grabbed some chicken drumsticks on the way home and decided to wing it in the kitchen with the procedure. Thank you Pinterest! (Can you tell it’s is one of my favourite apps??) As always I checked out a few recipes and tweaked them to create my own.
And here you go, my new recipe 🙂
1/2 cup Dijon
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/4 cup White Wine
1/4 cup 35% Cream (sub coconut cream for non dairy option)
1/4 Red Onion, chopped
1 tbsp Apple Cidar Vinegar
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp Salt
4-5 sprigs Thyme
1) Set oven to bake @400F.
2) Combine all ingredients in a bowl (except drumsticks and thyme) and mix well.
3) Place drumsticks in a dish and pour mixture over evenly. Mix in the thyme in the sauce and on top of the chicken.
4) Place in the oven for 25 minutes, turn, and bake for a remaining 10 min.
5) Switch the oven to broil (high) and bake for another 5 minutes, or until chicken starts to brown on top.
6) Remove from oven and let sit for a couple of minutes. Serve with your favourite sides. (I used rice and steamed veggies.)
Natural Groove Gal